An industry leading global manufacturing company are looking for a VAT Manager to join their growing Tax team based in London. The role will suit someone with exposure to EMEA VAT, looking to join an international group with exciting plans for further growth.
- Overseeing VAT compliance and reporting, ensuring that it is completed in an accurate and timely manner;
- Support with the multijurisdictional VAT review and registration process;
- Analysis and review of accounting data;
- Reconciliation of VAT GL accounts including identifying and explaining variances and recommending corrective actions;
- Review of invoices from VAT perspective and identifying improvements needed;
- Support with implementing VAT controls and identifying opportunities to make improvements, secure efficiencies and enhance compliance;
- Producing written materials/process notes for the tax and finance team on VAT procedures;
- Support with import VAT and Duties on global imports;
- Providing solutions to a variety of VAT issues;
- Support team with VAT audits from tax authorities;
- Managing internal relations and working closely with internal and external stakeholders;
- To assist with implementation and the integration of indirect tax related software solutions;
- Identifying potential tax planning opportunities for discussion with tax team.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- EU and/or UK VAT experience, gained in either in-house, or through a professional firm;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand processes and systems;
- Understanding of or practical experience with VAT laws in EU countries;
- VAT system implementation experience desirable;
- Diligent, motivated and a team player
For further information, please contact Phil Smyth at The Consultancy Group.