A FTSE 100 Plc is looking for a UK Tax Manager to join their team in London….
Quick summary of job
Reporting to the Group Tax Director, this candidate would be responsible for the management of the UK tax affairs of the company. The role would suit a proactive candidate with strong interpersonal skills, a good understanding of UK taxes, and strong project management and communication skills.
Expected salary: £70,000 plus 10% bonus
Location: 1 day per fortnight in the office, rest of week remote
- To manage all aspects of UK corporate tax compliance, including preparation of corporate tax returns (CFC, capex, withholding taxes, double tax relief claims & RDEC)
- Preparation of Country-by-Country reporting
- To manage UK ETR, cash tax forecast and QIPS
- Prepare year end current and deferred tax consolidation schedules for the UK entities including the tax disclosures included in the consolidated and entity accounts.
- Actively review and monitoring of UK tax risks and controls, ensuring UK technical memorandums are maintained.
- Prepare responses to HMRC audit queries.
- Lead the day-to-day relationship with HMRC and point of contact for our Customer Compliance Manager.
- Management and delivery of UK tax advisory projects.
- Support the business on payroll taxes, VAT and Customs queries.
- Ensure policies and procedures associated with UK taxation are relevant and up to date.
- Build relationships and deliver tax advice to the UK business operations.
- Ensure employment tax obligations are met by Finance and HR teams, such as the PSA, P11D’s and share option reporting.
- Responsible for UK tax governance processes, such as SAO and CCO.
- Keep up to date on legislative changes and assess the impact.
- Chartered Accountant, Chartered Tax Advisor (or equivalent) or graduate degree in taxation with substantial relevant experience.
- Communication and presentation skills
- Broad tax knowledge gained from working in a similar role (in house or practice)
- Good UK tax technical knowledge
- Proficient Excel/Word/PowerPoint skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as project management
If this opportunity is of interest, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org