A FTSE 250 Plc are recruiting a newly created Tax Reporting Manager position to join their growing Tax function. Reporting to the Head of Tax Reporting and Compliance you will be responsible for managing the Group’s tax reporting and forecasting processes. This includes ensuring that reported tax numbers follow IAS 12 (“Income Taxes”) and associated standards, and that best practice tax disclosure is maintained. In addition, this role will be responsible for the Group’s Country by Country reporting obligations and managing the OECD Pillar 2 compliance process. The Tax Reporting Manager will work closely with other departments, such as finance and legal, to ensure that the Group’s tax accounting and reporting is consistent with its overall financial reporting.
- Manage the external year end and interim tax reporting cycles working closely with Group Finance, regions and the external auditors.
- Manage the global tax forecasting process and prepare tax management reporting and modelling of ETR and tax cashflows.
- Manage the Group’s Country by Country Reporting and Notification processes. Work with operating markets and regions to ensure their local CBCR requirements are met.
- Assist with the design and implementation of the Group’s OECD Pillar 2 systems, technology and processes. Coordinate the Pillar 2 compliance and forecasting process once in force.
- Monitor changes to international accounting standards as relevant to tax reporting, monitor changes and developments in CBCR and Pillar 2 regulations. Design and implement required changes to systems and process.
- Analyse tax data derived from tax and CBCR reporting to identify trends, risks, and opportunities. Prepare communication material for the Group CFO and Audit Committee.
- Develop and deliver training and guidance for regions and markets on tax reporting and international compliance matters.
- Qualified Accountant or Tax Advisor (or equivalent) with 5 years post qualified experience.
- Expertise in tax reporting and accounting, including associated processes, technology and audit clearance.
- Expertise working with tax provision software or solutions and knowledge of finance consolidation systems (e.g. SAP BPC or Oracle HFM).
- Ideally experience using Alteryx.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to understand process and systems.
- Good communicator with ability to work in cross functional and international teams.
For further information, please contact Phil Smyth at The Consultancy Group.