An industry leading global manufacturing company are looking for a Tax Manager to join their growing Tax team. The position can be based in Germany or the UK with excellent flexible working available.
- Manage, support and review (external) preparation of annual corporate income tax returns, trade tax returns as well as VAT returns for group companies;
- Pro-actively manage the relationship with the German tax authorities on a federal, regional and local level including audit defence;
- Support with the quarterly corporate income tax reporting performed as well as with the annual closing requirements under IFRS and local GAAP (HGB); in particular, prepare and review the calculation of the current and deferred tax positions for relevant entities;
- Support with identifying opportunities to optimize the groups tax positions in the relevant countries, mitigate tax risks and generate process improvements;
- Respond to ad hoc and project related questions in support of business operational projects;
- Manage transfer pricing documentation in collaboration with external advisors and Group Tax;
- Monitor and review (cross-border) proposals and contracts on their tax merits and align with the Group Tax department;
- Establish and maintain network to the finance function; Monitor legislative changes in Germany which will have a material impact on the business and work with Global Tax Director to complete assessment.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Fully qualified Tax Advisor/German Specialist; candidates with other Tax degrees and relevant working experience will also be considered;
- 5+ years of experience in a big four advisory firm or large multinational company;
- Understanding of international tax aspects and German tax group principles;
- Strong analytical skills and drive for process improvement;
- German & English speaker;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
For further information, please contact Phil Smyth at The Consultancy Group.