Join our team and become an integral part of a dynamic, thrilling, and captivating enterprise, where we can explore the future together!
We are seeking a skilled Tax Manager to join our team and serve as the expert in UK Financial Control & Tax. In this role, you will take proactive measures to handle all aspects of UK tax, including direct and indirect taxes. Your responsibilities will encompass tax planning and structuring, tax compliance, and providing transactional support to our UK Group operations. It will be crucial for you to ensure adherence to all tax filing deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory obligations and requirements pertaining to HMRC legislation for direct and indirect taxes.
- Identify, implement, and maintain opportunities to minimize the UK tax burden through efficient and effective planning.
- Support tax planning projects, such as M&A, in which the UK is directly or indirectly involved.
- Foster connections between UK Operations, Commercial teams, and other relevant parties, providing transactional support and communicating changes in tax legislation that affect pricing and lease contracts (e.g., capital allowances, reporting P11D values to customers).
- Foster a strong relationship with HMRC, maintaining X’s excellent reputation through regular contact.
- Calculate and report the UK tax charge at each quarter end and year end to the Corporation Tax Department.
- Ensure the preparation of Statutory Accounts complies with applicable IFRS for tax purposes.
- Ensure compliance with employee benefit reporting, including the accurate review of all P11D returns, calculation of Class 1A NIC, and preparation of PSA Agreement returns.
- Advise the business on the income tax and national insurance implications of various incentive schemes, annually accounting for the associated tax through the PSA Agreement calculation, where applicable.
- Monitor and adhere to the Group’s gearing agreement with HMRC, including conducting negotiations when necessary.
- Monitor and handle all Group Tax litigation in the best interests of the Group, such as ACT Class 2 and 4, GMAC, while ensuring compliance.
- Provide regular updates to the Finance Management Team, including the preparation of the UK tax forecast for the Annual Plan process.
- Develop the Tax function into a Centre of Excellence.
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- Graduate-level education.
- Qualified Accountant or Tax qualification (ACA, ACCA, or equivalent).
- Fluent in written and verbal business English.
- Proficient in using the Microsoft suite of products.
- Demonstrated tax experience with a proven track record in a business known for strong tax control within a large and complex business environment.
- Understanding of tax accounting under relevant accounting standards.
- Experience working collaboratively within a team while also showcasing the ability to work independently.
- Experience within a Finance division would be advantageous.