A leading renewable energy group in London are looking to appoint a new Tax Manager to join their growing in-house tax function. This role will report directly to the Head of Tax, and will support on areas of VAT, Corporate Tax and Transfer Pricing.
- Primary responsibility for coordinating preparation of the UK tax returns, claims and elections, statutory accounts provisioning with associated tax planning work.
- Coordination of overseas tax compliance work to ensure it is completed on a timely basis, being the main point of contact with finance managers and overseas advisers
- Preparation and review of other tax returns including the UK VAT Returns and review of overseas VAT returns prepared by service providers (e.g. Ireland, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Poland and other jurisdictions in in line with the growth of the Group)
- Manage compliance and filing obligations for other indirect taxes
- Assistance with implementing and maintaining transfer pricing policy and documentation across the group
- Primary responsibility for dealing with tax audit enquiries in the UK and providing assistance to manage overseas tax audits
- Providing expert advice to all parts of the company on tax legislation and ensuring the business remains compliant in the future, including transfer pricing, CIR, SSE, DAC6 etc) on an ongoing basis
- Manage day to day relationship with Group tax advisors and tax compliance service providers
Education and Qualifications
- Degree educated with a tax and/or accounting qualification or equivalent
- Experience of mixed tax compliance and transactional experience gained in-house or in an accounting/consulting firm
- VAT experience is essential, other indirect tax experience would be advantageous
For further information on this opportunity, please contact Phil Smyth.