A leading Retail Multinational Group is looking for a Senior Tax Manager to join their Tax team in West London ….
Quick summary of job
Reporting to and working closely with the Tax Director, you will manage task risk and tax value through tax in a defined market through the delivery of specialist technical tax advice and decision support, ensuring compliance with local statutory requirements whilst focusing on tax efficiency improvements.
Expected salary: £75,000 – £85,000 + Benefits + Bonus
What you will be doing:
Tax Compliance and Advisory
- Manage tax compliance in defined markets, covering all taxes, preparing tax returns and other submissions for final review and sign-off by the Senior Tax Manager ensuring timely submission of returns and payments to the relevant tax body.
- Manage tax submissions with external service providers for any markets within scope where there is no dedicated tax function present and review and approve final submissions for such markets and any tax payments.
- Provide responses to tax authorities day-to-day tax queries in defined markets.
- Provide support to the Senior Tax Manager with any external tax inquiries and audits in defined markets, working with Hub Tax team, to ensure matters are brought to a satisfactory commercial conclusion that balances the tax cost involved for AEI as a whole, the cost and time of ongoing support of a position taken in a tax return and any reputational aspects.
- Ensure that all tax controls are effective and undertake appropriate compliance checks on related finance processes, including General Ledger reconciliations to payments and returns filed.
- Ensure tax exposures are identified, the impact quantified, the likelihood of exposure materialising assessed and reported to the Senior Tax Manager for consideration of any provision.
- Support the Senior Tax Manager with the provision of tax advice, commentary, and recommendations to the business, including advice on contracts, cross-border transactions, project financial evaluations and funding and capital investment management, ensuring business partnering support provided is commercial, timely and of a high standard.
- Manage the process to establish the tax accounting numbers and disclosures to be included in the financial statements of the companies in the defined markets working with Finance to ensure calculated accurately and on a timely basis.
- Provide sign-off on behalf of Tax of all disclosure notes in financial statements that will be either publicly available or submitted to a tax authority.
- Ensure any provisions for tax exposures are correctly accounted for in any financial statements in accordance with all policies and latest assessment of the exposure or risk.
- Ensure up to date with developments in tax laws and regulations (both local and international), including new filing practices, deadlines and any business specific information needed. Develop a strong relationship with the business, including understanding business operations and explain specific tax information needs. Ensure any changes to the tax environment are flagged to the relevant departments and provide support on implementation of solutions.
- Provide relevant training or workshops to cascade key tax knowledge to the business functions.
Technology and Tax Processes
- Provide continual oversight of processes and procedures for the management of all taxes, continually reviewing and testing their effectiveness to identify risks, operational efficiency opportunities, including automation opportunities, and any recommended changes needed due to new legislation, implementing where appropriate.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of any changes required in tax processes and procedures in market.
- Provide active support to any business capabilities projects around technologies to ensure tax issues in defined are understood and compliance is fully managed.
- Provide tax input to internal and external stakeholders to assist with the design and developments of solutions within SAP and other business systems impacting tax, including developing, testing, refining and implementing requirements on a timely basis.
- Provide support and advice on tax matters in respect to technology, including permanent establishment issues/considerations around location of assets, charges for use of any intangible assets and withholding tax.
What we are looking for:
- Degree-level education (or equivalent) in relevant subject area (e.g., Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business, Tax or Law) from a reputable university.
- Qualified tax and/or finance professional with tax accounting/IFRS experience (including deferred tax)
- Prior practical UK tax experience, gained in either practice or industry.
- 5-years’ experience in a Tax environment either in Industry or Profession (preferably FMCG/Blue Chip) covering all forms of direct & indirect taxes.
- Advanced verbal & written proficiency in English. A second language advantageous.
If the role is of interest, please send your CV to email@example.com