A US Multinational Group is looking for a Senior VAT Analyst to join their team in their London office.
About the Company
A leading US multinational technology company with focus on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence – is looking to expand their Tax Advisory Team working with its Digital and Device businesses based in London.
Quick summary of job
As a Senior Indirect Tax Analyst, you will work as a tax advisor whilst working closely with multiple business teams within the company as well as other members of the tax department, reporting to the Senior VAT Tax Manager. Due to this company being in a fast paced, dynamic growing environment, it is required to be proactive and flexible. Being able to adapt to a changing environment, collaborating with teams outside of Tax within different EMEA jurisdictions as well as communicating effectively with stakeholders.
Expected salary: £70,000 – £80,000 + benefits
- To capture indirect tax metrics and analyse fluctuations on indirect taxes as well as the impacts arisen from business changes.
- Evaluation of digital business initiatives and expansions from a tax perspective whilst providing unambiguous advice to the business.
- Review and management of indirect tax compliance, filing returns and reporting obligations.
- Implementation of agreed-upon tax strategies and projects.
- Coordinate and support effectively across the tax team as needed with relevant sub-teams (AP, AR, Direct Tax and Accounting).
- Act as a trusted advisor for tax technology as well as IT team with the aim to develop automated solutions to assist with compliance.
Ideal candidates will have broad indirect tax advisory experience advising multinational groups and will have an excellent ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously. You will need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and will work well in a high-pressure and often ambiguous environment.
- Chartered Accountant, Chartered Tax Advisor (or equivalent) or graduate degree in taxation preferred.
- Relevant experience in exposure to VAT/indirect tax; in a Big 4 public accounting firm, a major law firm, or in a multinational corporation.
- Excellent knowledge of VAT legislation in at least 1 EU country.
- Bonuses: 1) understanding of SAP, Oracle or similar Accounting/ERP system, 2) second language and 3) professional tax, accounting or legal qualification.
- Excelled analytical and problem-solving skills.
If this job description matches your interests and skills, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org