£75000 - £100000 Per Annum
Job Type: Fixed Term
The role will involve assisting with ad hoc queries from the business on corporate direct and indirect taxes matters. The role will work closely with the International Tax Director.
- To assist with the UK corporation tax compliance.
- To assist with EMEA and APAC direct and indirect taxes requirements.
- To assist within international tax obligation.
- To respond to ad hoc tax queries from the business. This includes direct and indirect taxes.
- Work with advisors to assist with the roll out of tax governance requirements.
- To support with correspondence with tax authorities including but not limited to, drafting letters to HMRC, completion of double tax treaty forms, etc.
- Assist with group’s transfer pricing requirements.
- To assist with international projects
- Assist with indirect tax projects, including working with internal and external teams on the roll out of decision trees.
- Involvement in projects as they arise.
- Educated to degree level, a qualified tax accountant with a CTA
- Minimum of 6 years experience in direct and indirect tax.
- A strong commercial mindset.
- Knowledge of and experience in direct and indirect tax requirement across UK, EMEA and APAC.
- Insurance or claims management industry experience not essential but desirable.
- Experience in working in an international environment including time zone management.
- Experience of working in a highly pressured dynamic environment.
- Strong people and influencing skills with the ability to build positive relationships across all levels.
- Strong communicator with the ability to communicate with Executives and non-financial individuals alike.
- Ability to identify issues and use initiative to solve complex problems.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines.