A leading Hospitality company headquartered in London is looking to appoint a new Head of Tax, reporting directly to the Finance Director. The role will be responsible for leading the tax agenda of this fast growing business, covering all aspects of tax including compliance, reporting, tax risk management and strategy, whilst managing 1 direct report.
- Provide leadership to senior management on all areas of the tax agenda
- Oversee and review all corporation tax compliance, group and financial statement reporting deliverables for UK German entities for completeness and accuracy, as prepared by the Tax Manager. Includes management of group and loss reliefs, CIR, capital allowance and transfer pricing reviews
- Manage VAT, CIS, SDLT and employer tax compliance matters (excluding payroll)
- Provide significant business support – covering major transactions (restructurings, prospective acquisitions and funding), as well as day to day operational tax queries (VAT rates, business contracts etc)
- Lead internal and external relationships and budgets, including private equity backers, auditors, advisers and tax authorities
- Manage tax audits and enquiries
- Manage merger integration and transition to Large Business category. This will include working towards Senior Accounting Officer implementation, Tax Strategy Policy, developing HMRC CCM relationship and managing Business Risk Reviews
- Develop tax strategy and risk management plan, with a focus on SAO readiness and tax process improvements through technology.
For further information, please get in touch.