A leading UK Retail Group is looking for a Group Tax Manager to join their Finance Team in Central London….
Quick summary of job
As Group Tax manager you will have overall responsibility for the tax compliance and tax strategy of the Group. You will ensure the multi-jurisdictional compliance of direct taxes as well indirect UK tax compliance. You will take the lead on tax planning projects and seek to help maximise the benefits on offer of R+D tax credits and Capital allowance regimes.
Expected salary: £75,000 + Benefits
What you will be doing:
- Work with Tax advisors to submit corporate tax returns in UK, US, Netherlands and other jurisdictions, in addition to preparing tax disclosure notes for year-end statutory accounts
- Calculating all QIPS and budgeting and forecasting tax cash outflows for the group
- Transfer Pricing assistance and compilation of local and master files
- Responsible for the preparation of timely and accurate submissions of UK and EU VAT returns and ensuring they are fully compliant with local legislation
- Lead on responding to all tax authority queries, leading any VAT Audits and responding to any compliance reviews
- Providing VAT advisory on any new business channels and helping to implement a first class process and control environment in advance of a new ERP system
- Leading on R&D Tax Credit refund process and identifying all areas which can be claimed and putting this claim together
What we are looking for:
- ACA/CTA or equivalent professional qualification essential
- VAT experience within a multinational business
- Corporation tax experience within a multinational business
- First-rate data handling and Excel skills
- Analytical mindset and high attention to detail
- A proactive attitude and a sense of personal accountability – you need to ‘lean in’ and take the lead.
- Retail experience
- Previous experience of R&D tax credit claims
If the role is of interest, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org