£70000 - £85000 Per Annum + Hybrid working + Bonus
Job Type: Permanent
My client is a rapidly growing company in the commodities market and is considering an IPO. To support this growth, the Group Tax team is hiring a Corporate Tax Manager who will be responsible for various aspects of corporate taxation, including compliance and reporting.
The Corporate Tax Manager’s duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing the Group Tax Accounting provisions on a monthly, interim, and annual basis for current and deferred tax, following IFRS and local GAAP requirements. This includes consolidation adjustments, which will be reviewed by the Head of Tax Compliance, Reporting & Transformation.
- Monitoring and analyzing the Effective Tax Rate (ETR) at both Group and Entity levels, and preparing Board Packs.
- Working with our Big 4 tax compliance outsource provider to ensure timely submission of all corporate tax returns globally. Coordinating the provision of high-quality data and tax technical analyses required. Additionally, conducting the first review of all returns prepared by the advisor.
- Collaborating with the Head of Tax Compliance, Reporting & Transformation to identify and implement tax technology solutions to enhance efficiency in compliance and reporting processes.
- Conducting UK tax technical analysis of tax-sensitive accounting entries.
- Monitoring and maintaining reconciliations for all current and deferred tax control accounts in accordance with UK Senior Accounting Officer requirements and those of other jurisdictions.
- Managing tax governance, including HMRC relationship management and Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) obligations.
- Assisting with wider corporate tax projects as availability permits, which may include front office tax advice, transfer pricing, M&A (due diligence and integration), IPO preparation, and group reorganizations and structuring matters.
Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications and skills:
- Qualified accountant or CTA qualified, with CPD training assistance available.
- Experience using PeopleSoft/Oracle Accounting systems and OTP would be advantageous.
- Experience in the Financial Services sector or a background in a large/medium-sized practice.
- Strong understanding of FRS101/2 and IFRS tax accounting requirements.
- Proactive with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to work under deadlines with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations, prioritize tasks, and delegate workload.
- Ability to develop and improve processes.
The successful candidate should possess the following competencies:
- Resilience in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Strategic collaboration skills with insight and agility to anticipate future challenges and ensure operational effectiveness.
- Adherence to internal policies relevant to the role, and reporting any policy breaches to Compliance or the supervisor as required.
- Immediate escalation of risk events.
- Contribution to risk management processes as necessary.
- Experience working in a regulated environment and knowledge of the associated risk and compliance requirements.